Registration is open for the 2021 project workshop!
The JSPS core to core network SOIFIT (Solid Oxide Interfaces for Faster ion Transport) and the EU project HARVESTORE invite you to join an online workshop on April 21st, 2021.
These two international consortia are concerned with the common goal of gaining a deeper understanding of materials and their interfaces for ionic devices. Last year we held a very successful joint meeting “The Power of Interfaces” at the Royal Society in London, where we managed to host almost 70 participants. This year, we have decided to hold a virtual workshop, which will consist of four sessions covering new materials, nanoionics, interface techniques, iontronics. To start each session we have an invited speaker, followed by contributed talks.
Poster of the event and registration: here.
List of confirmed invited speakers:
• Dr. Marine Reynaud (CIC Energigune): “Design of new materials for Li-ion and Na-ion batteries”
• Prof. Atonino Martorana (University of Palermo): “Electrode-electrolyte interfaces in protonic ceramic fuel cells: materials and perspectives”
• Prof. Tatsumi Ishihara (Kyushu University): “Strain effects on electronic band structure of SrTiO3 and photocatalytic water splitting activity”
• Dr. Francesco Chiabrera (IREC-DTU): “In situ spectroscopy ellipsometry for studying the defect chemistry of oxide thin films”.
Join us for a full day on the Power of Interface!
A series of events have been organized by the consortium.
- April 21st Power of Interfaces workshop, co-organized together with JSPS core to core network SOIFIT (Solid Oxide Interfaces for Faster ion Transport). Following last year’s joint meeting “The Power of Interfaces” at the Royal Society in London, where we managed to host almost 70 participants, this year the workshop will take place virtually. It will consist of four sessions covering new materials, nanoionics, interface techniques, iontronics. Registration link: here.
- April 15th EPO webinar. The European Patent Office has recently released a global analysis related to energy storage technologies (especially batteries) based on the patents filed in the last 20 years, highlighting the trends in terms of applications, materials, forthcoming technologies: link to the study here. We will host Dr. Giuliano Gregori, one of the authors of the study, together with the director of EPO, for a presentation of the work followed by a round table of discussion which will involve group leaders from different European research groups in the battery field. Registration link: here.