On April 15th, the project will host the presentation of the EPO-IEA study “Innovation in batteries and electricity storage – a global analysis based on patent data”, followed by round table. The study is a global analysis of energy storage technologies based on the patents filed in the last 20 years and highlights the trends in terms of applications, materials, forthcoming technologies. We will host one of the authors and we will discuss the directions of the innovation in the field with main actors of battery research and technology.
Confirmed list of speakers: Dr. Z. Georgiou (EPO director), Dr. A. Aguadero (Imperial College), Dr. G. Gregori (EPO Patent examiner), Prof. A. Tarancón (IREC), Dr. P. Vereecken (IMEC), Dr. C. Villevieille (CNRS). Click here for the final program.
Registration is open for the 2021 project workshop!
The JSPS core to core network SOIFIT (Solid Oxide Interfaces for Faster ion Transport) and the EU project HARVESTORE invite you to join an online workshop on April 21st, 2021.
These two international consortia are concerned with the common goal of gaining a deeper understanding of materials and their interfaces for ionic devices. Last year we held a very successful joint meeting “The Power of Interfaces” at the Royal Society in London, where we managed to host almost 70 participants. This year, we have decided to hold a virtual workshop, which will consist of four sessions covering new materials, nanoionics, interface techniques, iontronics. To start each session we have an invited speaker, followed by contributed talks.
Poster of the event and registration: here.
List of confirmed invited speakers:
• Dr. Marine Reynaud (CIC Energigune): “Design of new materials for Li-ion and Na-ion batteries”
• Prof. Atonino Martorana (University of Palermo): “Electrode-electrolyte interfaces in protonic ceramic fuel cells: materials and perspectives”
• Prof. Tatsumi Ishihara (Kyushu University): “Strain effects on electronic band structure of SrTiO3 and photocatalytic water splitting activity”
• Dr. Francesco Chiabrera (IREC-DTU): “In situ spectroscopy ellipsometry for studying the defect chemistry of oxide thin films”.
Join us for a full day on the Power of Interface!
A series of events have been organized by the consortium.
- April 21st Power of Interfaces workshop, co-organized together with JSPS core to core network SOIFIT (Solid Oxide Interfaces for Faster ion Transport). Following last year’s joint meeting “The Power of Interfaces” at the Royal Society in London, where we managed to host almost 70 participants, this year the workshop will take place virtually. It will consist of four sessions covering new materials, nanoionics, interface techniques, iontronics. Registration link: here.
- April 15th EPO webinar. The European Patent Office has recently released a global analysis related to energy storage technologies (especially batteries) based on the patents filed in the last 20 years, highlighting the trends in terms of applications, materials, forthcoming technologies: link to the study here. We will host Dr. Giuliano Gregori, one of the authors of the study, together with the director of EPO, for a presentation of the work followed by a round table of discussion which will involve group leaders from different European research groups in the battery field. Registration link: here.
Project partners participated in the online European Researchers’ Night 2020, organized in Barcelona. Here is the link to the video presentation (in Spanish).
Our project coordinator Albert Tarancón has been hosted by Fundación Naturgy for a webinar on status and future of hydrogen technology. The book “Hidrógeno. Vector energético de una economía descarbonizada”, realized by IREC – Institut de Recerca en Energia de Catalunya has been presented. Here is the link to the video of the event. and for book download.
A new article has been published by our partners FETFX on the project activities.
Interested in being part of Harvestore? The Materials and Physical Engineering Laboratory (LMGP) and the Laboratory of Electrochemistry and Physical-Chemistry of Materials and Interfaces (LEPMI) in Grenoble offer a PhD project on design and characterization of advances energy materials for micro-cell applications. Check this out!
The first edition of the joint Harvestore-SOIFIT worskhop “The Power of Interfaces: Fundamentals for Solid State Devices” will take place at the hystorical Royal Society in London next March 10th and 11th. Some of the most influential scientists in the field will be present…check out the program and sign up! https://www.imperial.ac.uk/events/95807/the-power-of-interfaces-fundamentals-for-solid-state-devices/
The project has built up a collaboration with an ongoing H2020 project on Governing Nanotechnologies Through Societal Engagement “GoNano” (http://gonano-project.eu/) with an aim to identify potential flaws/untapped markets and opportunities. Particularly, the collaboration enables project co-creation between citizens, researchers, industry, civil society organisations, and policy makers across Europe to align future nanotechnologies with societal needs and concerns. On October 30th, a joint workshop between the two projects has been organized at IREC, with the participation of several partners from Harvestore (IREC, ICL) and of professionals in the field as potential stakeholders.
The project partner Worldsensing has released a news article for introduction and for describing their role in the project: